I'm thinking about what the next version of S4SL will look like and I'd love your input as I try to prioritize things to add. I've gotten some feature requests, and I have a few ideas of my own.
Here are some blocks I am thinking about adding:
* set texture [menu of a few fixed textures]
* set texture [name of any texture]
* distance to object [name of object]
* point toward object [name of object]
* rez [name of object] and move it [number] meters
Some other areas that I may think more about:
* particle effects
* loading URLs
* more sensing
Also, I'd like (eventually) to automate the code generation process more so that you only get the helper function code that you need, not the whole bag of tricks. At first I thought this didn't matter, since it's just a few hundred lines of bloat. But now I realize people will actually want to use the generated code to learn from, so if it makes more sense to look at it, they will have an easier time.
What do you think? Any comments on these? Other ideas?